Months ago I was nominated for the Liebster Awards… a fun way to build community with new bloggers. I’m finally getting around to it! Thanks for the tag, Frolics & Fitness!
▪ Describe your perfect lazy Sunday.
Sunday is my favorite lazy day. If i’m exhausted, i’ll watch all my pre-recorded shows i’ve saved up the entire week (my parents tape my favorite shows for me while i’m away at school!) If i’m feeling energetic, I love doing an hour or more of yoga, a good run, and reading/journaling/blogging. Anything creative is always good.
▪ If your house was burning what are the three objects you’d be sure to save?
Three objects? So if that is assuming all living, breathing people and animals are out of the house, I would grab:
1. “Bear” my teddy bear i’ve had since I was a baby
2. Any photo albums or cameras
▪ What is the one goal you’d like to accomplish in your lifetime?
There are two things as of now: to find true love one day and also to build a life for myself where I can make enough money to support myself and live out my passions without working a job that I hate.
▪ If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
Unhealthy… I would choose french fries and ranch. Oh my gosh that is my weakness. So are chicken finger pitas… also with ranch. Basically life = ranch.
If I actually could only eat one thing for the rest of my life, though, I would choose something healthy. Probably brown rice with coconut oil, veggies, and chicken. 🙂
▪ What is your favorite winter activity?
Well if you know me, you know I haaaaaaaate winter! In fact, my first thought on my first ‘ski trip’ was “HELP I’M IN A SNOWY HELL!”
My favorite winter activity is watching the snow from inside the comfort of my house with a cup of warm tea and my heated blanket.
▪ Where would you go if you were invisible?
I would totally hang out with celebrities and see what they’re actually like when the cameras aren’t around. Heh.
▪ When’s the last time you did a random act of kindness for a stranger?
Being friendly and not complaining while a waitress was super busy and stressed out. I know most people get angry when their server isn’t fast enough, but I could tell she really appreciated how patient our table was being and how polite we were to her.
▪ What was your favorite book as a child?
There was a really cute book my mom used to read to me called The Kissing Hand. It was about a mommy raccoon and her baby and they would kiss each others palms so that they could always feel each others love. 🙂
There was another one called Baby Island that was my mom’s book when she was younger, and she used to read it to me before bed.
▪ What were you for Halloween last year?
Hmmm well, I was a catholic school girl (which I actually was in high school, so it’s pretty fitting). I was also Lana Del Rey one night.
▪ What have you done that you are most proud of?
I am most proud of the courage i’ve had to put myself out there and be who I really want to be, despite the fact that most people don’t understand. I am proud that i’ve realized what is important in my life, and it doesn’t matter anymore if other people scoff at it or look down on it.
11 Random Facts about Me
1. I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, something that affects my life every single day. It’s a blessing and a curse but mostly I am grateful because of how much it has taught me about myself and my strength. A lot of people don’t really know what it is, and it’s different for everyone, but for me it means that stress/exhaustion/emotional pain/physical exertion can bring on real feelings of ‘flu-like’ symptoms. Not sure how it’s caused, but it happened after I got mono my freshman year of college.
2. I secretly wish I could be a YouTube makeup blogger. I watch all those girls videos all the time and I love them. Doing my makeup is one of the most enjoyable and relaxing parts of getting ready.. i don’t know why, but I love it.
3. People tell me I should do cartoon voices because I have a million different voices.
4. My laugh sounds a lot like a hyena or maybe a dolphin/sheep. It’s really cute and it’s how I attract men. 😀
5. I am really, really messy. I WISH I was a clean freak and I really try my best to clean up after myself but… I just never end up cleaning. My car.. my room..the kitchen..the bathroom.. it can get pretty cray cray before I end up actually cleaning it.
6. That being said, I may be disorganized but I am a germ freak! Things need to be sanitary or i’m not about it. And don’t drink out of my water bottle or I will puke!
7.Speaking of puke… My two biggest fears are BEES and THROWING UP. Both scare the hell out of me. Sorry, but I probably won’t be the friend to hold your hair back, or we’ll end up with a bigger problem than we started out with 😛
8. I love to read. One of my favorite things in the world is getting so wrapped up in a book that hours pass and you don’t even realize.
9. Although I almost never wake up this early, the hours between 5am-7am are my favorite because it’s so peaceful. I love being awake before most people are and it’s quiet, calm, and everything is still. It’s the BEST!
10. The way most girls hate jeans is the way I hate winter coats. I think they are so annoying, puffy, uncomfortable, and suffocaaaating! It could be 18 degrees out, but you won’t find me in a coat. And if you do, i’m taking it off as SOON as I get wherever i’m going. Ew :O
11.My favorite quality in a significant other is someone who is patient, funny, and not afraid to be a mushball.
I TAG… Everyone! I love reading things like this and learning about people, so if you’re interested, tag me + I can’t wait to read! Hopefully you got to know me a little better:)